Friday, February 12, 2010

Scattered Thoughts From Sula

  • Okay, I'm trying to get the blog back on track after being sick for several days, but because I was sick, I haven't seen or done anything to blog about.  But I'm working on it.
  • It was a weird illness—I didn't have any serious cold symptoms, but I felt really tired and my brain didn't work very well.  For several days I was all Flowers for Algernon, in a bad way.
  • I love hearing owls.  On Thursday night two owls were having a conversation across the river.  One was close, and the other was far off, barely audible.
  • I wonder if nocturnal animals up here dread the short nights of summer in the same way I don't care for the short days of winter.
  • The weather this winter has been crazy.  Dallas is having its snowiest winter in 25 years, but the winter in Sula has been very mild.  There's about a foot of snow on the ground here, whereas it's normally over three feet deep this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. We measured the snow on our patio table this morning...officially 11 inches in Duncanville (in ONE day)!

    ReplyDelete